Creating a Character Bank

For my research project of helping children with Autism to learn, I have decided to produce a social story book. For this I have began to produce a character bank which I could use within my stories.

david3

David

emma

Emma

toby

Toby

abigail

Abigail

michael

Michael

Whilst developing my illustrative style, I tried out a few techniques to see which would be the most effective. Firstly, using the character David and Emma, I scanned in the hand-drawn illustration and enhanced it on Photoshop to see how would it look.

Emma

Hand-illusrated, Emma.

I then thought I could try a vectored look.

daniel

Vectored David.

Feeling that I wasn’t getting the best potential out of the illustrations, I decided to hand embroider the character too.

cross stitch

Cross-Stitched David

Although designing the pattern for the cross stitch myself is very time consuming, I feel it is really worth it for the charming outcome. However, as i’m still in the developing stage, feedback would be very much welcome! 🙂
I am going to continue to produce the patterns for the other characters so I can go onto produce the cross stitched pieces for the character bank.

Keep following to see how this project pans out and how my book is developed! 🙂

Advertisements

One thought on “Creating a Character Bank

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s